Monday, September 26, 2005

Pumpkins

Okay, so I spent more quality time with the goats than with my friends and soulmates. Still, it was reassuring to know that if one of my sons escaped to the far end of the pumpkin patch, or released all the hungry goats from their petting zoo pen, perhaps another SuperMama would be there to make things right. Maybe it is just a bit too ambitious to expect to have an actual conversation when the tribe of quirky kids (accompanied by their quirky parents) gets together. Great fun, though. B. would have spent all his time with the family who owned the place, behind the counter, where he kept wandering every time I turned my back. He kissed one of the daughters on the cheek as she was sitting behind the counter! Maybe when the kids are older we'll purchase some land and open a pumpkin patch of our own.

No comments: