Sunday, December 03, 2006

spinning planets

I always wind up overwhelmed at the end of conferences on autism. So much information, so much more to be done, all the time, every day. So many skills required that stretch me to my limits. But lots and lots of good information. My favorite part (I guess I'm watching too much Dora) were the presentations by Jerry and Mary Newport, two adults (married) with aspergers who are so incredibly articulate and insightful. They've written several books, and their movie has recently been released Mozart and the Whale. The best line of the weekend was when Jerry said something like If the Creator weren't at least a little bit autistic, then why did he make all the planets spin?!? The handouts should be posted shortly at www.autism-conferences.com

1 comment:

Judy McCrary Koeppen MS SLP Sage Therapy said...

I love it! Nothin' better than a spinning orb