Sunday, August 26, 2007

As I'm sitting here trying to figure why I am feeling sorry for myself, I realize that I was triggered by my adorable 5 year old neighbor, who I saw earlier this evening as she was getting in the car with her mama to go by crayons and I was schlepping groceries in from my car. "Tomorrow I'm starting kindergarten!" she gleefully told me. So i realized I am suffering from the what-I'm-missing-out-on blues. That was supposed to be me with the cute-as-a-button first-day-of-kindergarten little girl getting ready for Spanish Immersion School and already probably the most bilingual person (adults included) in the entire school.

I love my boys dearly. I really really do. I'm thrilled that BOTH A and B approximated the word school bus as we had our bedtime chat about going back to school tomorrow. I know that they understand that they'll go back to school on the school bus tomorrow, and that is AMAZING. But it's not italy.

2 comments:

mb said...

yeah, Holland sucks.

Those glimpses of the precocious little girls chatting away with their anxiously hovering parents... those are the worst for me.

oops. guess i forgot the "cheer her up" line in my comments. wait, wait, here one comes... no, it got away.

what about - let's do a Hot Mama dinner out sometime soon? so we can commiserate together how we all survived this week?

mb

Jen Myers said...

I hear ya girlfriend... I can't even go to Target during the Back to school rush..all of those little kids picking out their own stuff... xoxox